We will only collect, store, and process your personal information where a lawful basis for such processing exists, which will typically fall under one of the following scenarios:
- Processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you, the Data Subject, are party.
- Processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which TIP Solutions as a Controller is subject.
- Processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us as the Controller, or by a third party, except where such interests are overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of you, the Data Subject, which require protection of your personal information.
Use for new purposes
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal information, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal information, the purposes for which we process your personal information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
By law we have to keep basic information about our customers (including Contact, Identity, Financial and Transaction Information) for six years after they cease being customers for tax purposes. In some circumstances we may anonymize your personal information (so that it can no longer be associated with you) in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
European data protection laws give you certain rights regarding your personal information. You may ask us to take the following actions in relation to your personal information that we hold:
- Opt-out. Stop sending you direct marketing communications. You may continue to receive Service-related and other non-marketing emails.
- Access. Provide you with information about our processing of your personal information and give you access to your personal information.
- Correct. Update or correct inaccuracies in your personal information.
- Delete. Delete your personal information.
- Transfer. Transfer a machine-readable copy of your personal information to you or a third party of your choice.
- Object. Object to our reliance on our legitimate interests as the basis of our processing of your personal information that impacts your rights.
Controller and Data Protection Officer
TIP Solution is the controller of your personal information for purposes of European data protection legislation. You can contact our Data Protection Officer at tipi(at)tipsolutions.fi.
Cross-Border Data Transfer
Whenever we transfer your personal information out of the EEA to countries (e.g. For the purpose of performance using CDN service) not deemed by the European Commission to provide an adequate level of personal information protection, the transfer will be based on one of the safeguards recognized by the European Commission as providing adequate protection for personal information, where required by EU data protection legislation.
If you have any questions about these Terms or if you wish to make any complaint or claim with respect to the services, please contact us.
Version 1.1 / 6.8.2020